Who we are:
With representation from local chambers, associations and businesses, the Agriculture and Agrifood Policy Committee brings together stakeholders from across Canada to provide input to the policy development and advocacy activities of the Canadian Chamber as they relate to Canada’s agriculture and agrifood industries.
Key policy and advocacy priorities:
- Reducing the cumulative regulatory burden throughout the production, transportation and sales cycle of Canadian agrifood products.
- Evaluating the efficacy of the wide range of federal programs and measures to support the capitalization, renewal and a sustainable future for farm ownership in Canada.
- Attracting a robust talent pool to address the skills shortage, including programs and supports that help attract, upskill and retain local and international talent.
- Prioritizing investments in trade enabling infrastructure to ensure products get to local and international markets in a safe and reliable manner.
- Equipping Canadian agriculture and agrifood industries with the best practices for research and development of intellectual property and adoption of modern technologies.
- Supporting Canada’s export growth targets through open and fair access to agrifood markets across Canada and abroad within major agreements like CUSMA, CETA, CPTPP and upcoming negotiations with Pacific Alliance, Mercosur and ASEAN nations.