Every year, member chambers of commerce and boards of trade, along with the Canadian Chamber of Commerce’s policy committees, are invited to submit resolutions of a national scope to our policy process. This process culminates in a democratic vote on the floor of our annual general meeting.
Following approval at the AGM, we, along with our members, can move forward in our advocacy efforts based on the resolutions contained within our Policy Resolutions Books. Each resolution, once approved, has an effective lifespan of three years.
Policy Development Process
Representatives from member chambers of commerce and our policy committees are the only members who can submit resolutions for consideration at the AGM. The following documents will help members prepare a resolution for submission to our policy process.
Policy Resolution Activity Updates
Throughout the year, members are updated and advised of the action(s) taken on each policy resolution.
As we move forward, here are some important dates to remember in this process:
- June 1: Deadline for submitting resolutions
- July 10: Screening Committee call
- August 17: English book posted online (TBC)
- August 25: All resolutions and books posted online (TBD)
- September 23-24: Policy debates at Annual General Meeting, in Thunder Bay, ON