Every year, member chambers of commerce and boards of trade, along with the Canadian Chamber of Commerce’s policy committees, are invited to submit resolutions of a national scope to our policy process. This process culminates in a democratic vote on the floor of our annual general meeting.
Following approval at the AGM, we, along with our members, can move forward in our advocacy efforts based on the resolutions contained within our Policy Resolutions Books. Each resolution, once approved, has an effective lifespan of three years.
Representatives from member chambers of commerce and our policy committees are the only members who can submit resolutions for consideration at the AGM. The following documents will help members prepare a resolution for submission to our policy process.
Policy Resolution Activity Updates
Throughout the year, members are updated and advised of the action(s) taken on each policy resolution.
As we move forward, here are some important dates to remember in this process:
- May 12 – Committee resolutions due
- June 2: Deadline for submitting resolutions to Brighid Meldrum
- July 10 – Resolutions sent to the Policy Screening Committee
- July 17 – Screening Committee call
- August 11 – English book posted online (TBC)
- August 25 – All resolutions and books posted online
- September 24-25 – Policy debates at Annual General Meeting, in Fredericton, NB