We’re proud to announce that our Chief Operating Officer, Guy Legault, was recently selected for the CommunityShift program. This exclusive, invitation-only leadership development program is designed exclusively for C-level executives of Canadian charities and not-for-profit organizations and was founded by KPMG Enterprise and the Ivey Business School.
Guy has now completed the week-long curriculum and is received as a Fellow of CommunityShift.
Through a rigorous five-day developmental program, CommunityShift changes the way the participants look at their operations and helps them provide a catalyst for change. By gathering participants from non-profit organizations across sectors such as education, health, youth, community services and business, this in-residence program creates diversified workgroups that maximize input from all members.
The learning objectives of the program are:
- To enhance the analytical, decision-making and leadership skills of participants;
- To enhance the ability to think strategically of participants;
- To develop participants’ capacity to design and lead deep, comprehensive change;
- To enhance participants’ ability to persuade and influence stakeholders in both the internal and external environments;
- To establish lifetime relationships that can be leveraged for support and expertise.
Guy has enjoyed the experience and is grateful to KPMG Enterprise and the Ivey Business School for the unique opportunity. He is looking forward to networking with the alumni and applying the skills to continue to improve the work at the Canadian Chamber.