The Medicine Hat & District Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce its Board of Directors for the 2017-2018 fiscal year effective September 1, 2017 with official swearing in of the Executive members held on August 22, 2017.
Chamber of Commerce directors are elected to provide effective leadership, direction and governance in order to assist in achieving the Chamber's vision of being the most unified, valued and influential business network in our region. Their work contributes to the Chamber's mission of stimulating a strengthened and vibrant economy through their connections support and influence. The organization's strategic direction is driven by the decisions of these Directors who are committed to mobilizing its growing membership through various connections, networks, partnerships, and support programs.
Directors for the 2017-2018 fiscal year are:
- President - Perry Deering, Deerview Meats Ltd.
- 1st Vice President - Sarah MacKenzie, MacKenzie Eye Care; The Home Team Royal LePage Community Realty
- 2nd Vice President - Tracy Noullett, MNP LLP
- Treasurer - Brett Pudwell, EBT Chartered Accountants
- Past President - Aaron Fleming, Western Financial Group
- Director - Tara Williams, Medicine Hat College
- Director - Tim Weinberger, Jim Pattison Broadcast Group
- Director - Sarah Bowman, Bolton, Bishop and Bowman Lawyers
- Director - Dave Hanni, 102.1 CJCY FM
- Director - Sarah Franchetto, RBC Royal Bank
- Director - Guy Schotanus, ProComm Technology Solutions
- Director - Marcus Campbell, Terralta Inc.
Perry Deering, 2017-2018 President of the Chamber of Commerce commented, 'As the voice of the Medicine Hat business community, we are committed to providing our members with the highest degree of service and representation at all levels of government. It is our responsibility to make every effort to demonstrate positive and effective leadership for all our members, as we uphold our principles of being member driven, open minded, proactive, results oriented, collaborative, impartial, ethical and respectful."
'These individuals are resolute in advocating for business and influencing the change necessary for our region to improve its economic performance,'
further commented Deering. 'We look forward to the strengths, knowledge and innovative ideas that both new and returning directors will bring to the organization and our region.'
For more information on the Chamber of Commerce, visit the 'About The Chamber' page online at Medicinehatchamber.com/pages/ourchamber.