Regina, SK, Sept. 18, 2016—The Canadian Chamber of Commerce is proud to announce the election of Duncan Wilson, Vice President, Corporate Social Responsibility at the Port of Vancouver as volunteer Chair of its Board for 2016-2017 at its Annual General Meeting in Regina today.
“Today, more than ever before in Canada, business has to contend with new challenges and I’m very pleased to be chairing an organization that is taking such a leadership role” said Mr. Wilson, Chair of the Board of Directors. “My first priority is to ensure that the Chamber is leading in helping business adapt to the realities of climate change. As we put in place the tools and measures to grow our economy, that’s something we can’t ignore. With a broad network of 450 chambers and more than 200’000 businesses across Canada, the Canadian Chamber is uniquely positioned to collaborate with government on ways to address this challenge.”
“Duncan Wilson is a well respected and committed executive who brings experience and innovative business ideas to our organization,” said the Hon. Perrin Beatty, President and CEO of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce. “He will be an outstanding Chair for the Canadian Chamber and we look forward to working with him."
In his professional role, Mr. Wilson leads Port of Vancouver’s environmental programs, aboriginal relations, communications and community engagement functions. He has over 20 years of experience working in communications, public engagement and marketing, both professionally and in his community.
Duncan Wilson is joined on the Canadian Chamber leadership team by:
- Hon. Perrin Beatty, President and CEO, Canadian Chamber of Commerce, Ottawa, Ontario
- Christiane Bergevin, First Vice-Chair (Yamana Gold)
- Ginny Flood, Second Vice-Chair and International Strategic Advisory Committee
- Chair (Suncor)
- David Paterson, Immediate Past Chair (General Motors of Canada Limited)
- Umberto Delucilla, Treasurer (Deloitte)
- George Addy, Policy Committee Chair (Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg LLP)
- Martine Irman, Corporate Relations Committee Chair (TD Securities)
- Scott Walton, Director (Covalent Enterprises Ltd)
- Mike Watson, Chamber Network Committee Chair (Wazuku Advisory Group)
The Canadian Chamber of Commerce is the vital connection between business and the federal government. It helps shape public policy and decision-making to the benefit of businesses, communities and families across Canada with a network of over 450 chambers of commerce and boards of trade, representing 200,000 businesses of all sizes in all sectors of the economy and in all regions. News and information are available at Chamber.ca or follow us on Twitter @CdnChamberofCom
G. Will Dubreuil
Director, Public Affairs and Media Relations
Canadian Chamber of Commerce